Friday, Saturday & Sunday, 16, 17 and 18 October, 10 a.m.
- Enjoy the beautiful marketplace at City Hall Square offering organic products and regional specialities
- Find your way! Walking Maze designed by students of the Vienna University of Technology
- FM4 Silent Disco
- Urban Culture Pavillon, informing about Smart City Vienna
- Meet Andrä Rupprechter, Federal Minister of Agriculture, Forestry, Environment and Water Management
- Join the Diamond Award Ceremony of the Vienna Year of Walking
- Meet Petra Jens, Vienna’s Pedestrian Advocate, Vienna Mobility Agency
… and enjoy many more events and attractions
Place of event: Vienna City Hall Square (Public event)
Photo Credit: Mobilitätsagentur Wien, Christian Fürthner
ORGANIC FOOD MARKET “LANGE GASSE”
Saturday, 24 October, 10 – 12 a.m.
Visit the organic food and delicacy-market in the Lange Gasse, 1080 Vienna, and hear the story of a citizen-driven pilot project for traffic calming on a heavily used street. The market was initiated in 2012 by the „Asphaltpirates“ and takes place now regularly on Saturdays. While tasting a little snack from the market and enjoying the surrounding ensemble of Biedermeier-buildings, you can talk to the project-initiators and organic farmers, who offer their regional products there. Very close to the market you will also visit two urban community gardens (Tigergarten, Pfeilgarten), where you will meet some members of the founding community.
This tour will be guided by Christian Schrefel 17&4 Consulting Ltd. and Daniel Cranach from Asphaltpirates.
Meeting point: in front of Wiener Planungswerkstatt, Friedrich-Schmidt-Platz 9, 1080 Vienna