Internet Entrepreneur, Founder of Wheelmap.org
Raúl Krauthausen, as communication manager and design thinker, has worked for more than 10 years in the internet and media business world. After his graduation in 2001, Raúl worked as an Online Content Developer at Apparat Multimedia GmbH, The Argonauten_G2 GmbH and at NEW DIGITAL GmbH. In 2002 he began studying social and business communication at the University of Arts Berlin.
In 2004 he co-founded the action group “Sozialhelden eV” with his cousin Jan Mörsch, an organisation to raise awareness of social issues and its structure. In 2005 Sozialhelden received first prize at the NEON / Smart-Ideas Competition, as well as the German Commitment Prize in 2009 and the German Citizens Inca Award in 2010. In 2007 he initiated the project “Pfandtastisch Helfen” and was awarded with the StartSocial prize from the Social Federal Government. The same year he also started working at the youth radio Fritz on RBB.
Since 2010 Raúl has been involved in the development of the internet platform Wheelmap.org, one of the inspired Wikipedia websites for wheelchair users and people with disabilities. It is the first online map of public places rated on accessibility and accessible design. Raúl is author of the book ‚Dachdecker wollte ich eh nicht werden. Das Leben aus der Rollstuhlperspektive‘ (2014).
- Rethinking Social Action: Fun and Passion instead of Pity
- „Just Do It” – How SOZIALHELDEN e.V. Successfully Implements Ideas
- Projects Unhampered by Barriers: Development of Social Networks – Without Time, Without Money, Without Having a Clue
- The Network of Tomorrow between Social Heroes and Pioneers
- Interacting with the Disabled in Everyday (Business-)Life
- How Language and Media Influence our Relationship with the Disabled