President of Living Streets Aotearoa Auckland
Auckland, New Zealand
Andy Smith spent his working life as a software developer starting in 1974 and retired from paid work early to become a full time walking advocate. He gained a Bachelor of Applied Science in Computing and Finance at the University of Technology, Sydney in the 1980s and on retiring, retrained for the Not For Profit (NFP) sector and gained a Graduate Diploma in NFP management in 2010.
During his career in Auckland Andy has chosen workplaces and homes so he can walk between them. This created an interest in all things to do with urban walking and when he saw that Living Streets Aotearoa had the same interest, he joined. I also helped create a campaign to GetAcross the vehicle only Auckland Harbour Bridge that has resulted in SkyPath being created for walking and cycling.
- President of Living Streets Aotearoa. livingstreet.org.nz
- President of Walk Auckland. walkauckland.org.nz
- Trustee of Auckland Harbour Bridge Pathway Trust. skypath.org.nz
- Board Member. International Pedestrian Federation. pedestrians-int.org
- Member. Organizing committee of 2WalkandCycle NZ conference series.
- Member. Independent Advisory Board on Transport Funding in Auckland 2014.
- Member. The Auckland Mayors Consensus Forming Group on Transport Funding 2013.
- Member. Cycle Safety Summit 2014.